Monday, February 15, 2010

My DSiWare Fun - Episode 2: Spotto! and Prehistorik Man

SPOTTO! - NINTENDO - 200 POINTS:

My Description:

Use the stylus to aim and shoot bombs into the mouths of ghosts to destroy them.

My Experience:

Wow, what a lot of fun. I first learned of this game today. I saw a screenshot and thought it looked pretty cool. I read the description, which sounded suitably silly, and then I noticed it was made by Nintendo. That's always a good sign. And the price is just $2! It has a flavor that is similar to Henry Hatsworth's theme, which is always a good thing.

My Advice:
Buy it - it's two bucks!!


PREHISTORIK MAN - INTERPLAY - 800 POINTS:

My Description:

Control a "prehistorik" cave man in a 2D side scrolling adventure. There's a story, but who really cares? I don't. Originally developed for the PC and later brought to the SNES, and perhaps a few other platforms, Prehistorik Man is a 1990's retro revisit.

My Experience:
I have been seeing videos of this game crop up occasionally for some time now, and they always caught my attention. Not sure why I found the idea of playing as a cave man interesting, but for some reason I did. The controls are OK. You can walk, run, jump, shout, and swing your club. There are many hidden items to collect, and there lots of levels to visit. It has most of the same ingredients as Super Mario Bros., for example, but none of them have been implemented as well as SMB. If you've already played New Mario to death on your DS, then Prehistorik Man may serve as a fun platform game diversion, but don't expect the same level of quality or satisfaction.

My Advice:

Try it before you buy it - it may not be what you want it to be.

Until the next installment of My DSiWare Fun, go out there in DSiWare Land and have fun with your Nintendo Points.


Jools