Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jools Watsham's Developer Diary: Lots of Goodness!

Saturday, Feb 27, 2010: Red is progressing very nicely. We'll have that proposal spit-and-polished and ready to send to the publisher next week. The game that I imagine in my mind would be awesome. Let's hope it becomes a reality.


Spirit is not only progressing extremely well in terms of the game itself, with very positive feedback regarding the quality of the game from publishers, but we also got two juicy bites from publishers this week. Very nice! Usually, I hear a lot of "Cool, we'll hopefully have feedback for you next week." Man, I've heard that a lot. :) Next week can easily turn into a month or five. I sent the Spirit playable demo to publishers on Monday, and I've already received some very interested responses from two publishers. I doubt they're reading this, but if they are - thank you for your quick response and interest in our game. We have received counter-proposals, and we're discussing payment schedules and royalties. If a publisher takes the time to propose something back to you, it is a good sign that they're actually interested. I can't let myself get my hopes up too much, but I am excited at the prospect of finding a publishing partner for Spirit. It is a game that I think people will really appreciate on the DS. I know I wanna play the final game already! ;)


As usual, I'm still waiting on feedback for Stars, Crew, Jack, Face, and Shapes. I think three of those are probably dead at this point.


A new proposal has emerged from the vault; an old puzzle game that I've been kicking around for what seems like years now! Let's call that Puzzle. Two different publishers have shown interest in any puzzle game concepts we have for a potential DSiWare game. So, I spent some time this week finishing that off and making it presentable as a proposal.


Hope you're having a great day. TTYL.


Jools